Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Life

Lately, I have been giving a lot of thought to life and death. Things occasionally happen that make me question how I live my life. I'm not saying that I am engaging in destructive behavior or anything wild and crazy. Actually, it is just the opposite. I live a pretty routine life. I go to school, I spend a lot time with my family, my fiance, and not quite enough time with my friends. I enjoy everyday but I am a dreamer and I am constantly conjuring up ideas and things I can get into. However, I rarely do any of them. I am not a lazy person just scared, maybe. I often second guess myself and wonder if I could really actually do something that I want to do. In light of recent events, I am analyzing my life and my dreams. I need to solidify my dreams into goals, not only dreams. Feasible goals not crazy BIG dreams. As a child I wanted to be an artist (feasible dream) and as a teenager I wanted to be famous (crazy BIG dream). As an adult I realize that to be happy in life, you do not always need to live large and satisfy your crazy BIG dreams. You must change your feasible dreams into goals and step by step make them into a reality. Which, who knows, may one day become your crazy BIG reality. In life their is death, this I need to remember in order to help me learn to take more risks (no not skydiving), follow my heart, and my dreams. We only get one chance at this life...we should take advantage of it! Over the next few weeks I am going to take some time to record my dreams as goals and try to take the steps to turn them into a reality. I hope I stick to this... we'll see how it goes. :)

2 comments:

  1. There sure has been a lot going on , hasn't there? I hope you know that you can do anything you put your mind to. I know that sounds like a mom thing to say- but it's true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I just need to put my mind to things then. :)

    ReplyDelete